The pay-off “Vineyards, People, Flavors” is the essence of Cardèto, an historical cooperative of vineyards growers who, with wisdom and tradition, cultivate their vineyards, an integral part of the identity of this land, to produce the wine that has always been the protagonist of the history and culture of Orvieto territory. A great bond between the territory, its products and farmers, which is also expressed through our institutional brand: the 4 bottles of Cardeto wines line of the city, side by side represent the city of Orvieto of a 1500s print. The cooperative was founded on August 30, 1949 as the Wine Cooperative for the Orvieto area (CO.VI.O) and had its headquarters in Orvieto Scalo. In 1991 the new building was completed, inaugurated and put into operation in the hamlet of Sferracavallo. In 2004 the great new enopoly was completed and the following year the Cooperative changed its name to “Cantina Cardeto“, from the ancient hemp carding activity, which was carried out in the area of the new cellar.